As winter is edged out by spring many homeowners are eager to refresh their homes while being mindful of their budgets. The good news is homeowners don’t need to break the bank to spruce up the place.
“There are many budget-conscious things homeowners can do to polish the look of their homes,” said Michele Deneys, who owns and operates Budget Blinds of Howard Village.
Budget Blinds of Howard Village serving Northeast Wisconsin offers these suggestions to brighten your rooms for spring:
- While paint color can change the mood of a room, window coverings can change the way light reacts with that color.
- Adding a simple drapery panel to an existing window treatment softens harsh angles, adds a bit of drama and makes a room more inviting.
- Professional decorators repeat an accent color three times in a room – once in the lower third of the room, once in the middle third and once in the upper third of the room. We suggest repeating that accent color with a drapery panel, coordinating throw pillows and a throw rug.
- To save some money when buying a drapery panel, ask your style consultant about stopping the fabric at the floor rather than allowing it to puddle.
- Swap your drapery panels and accessories seasonally.
- You may wish to choose faux wood over real wood. The benefit is faux wood resists warping better than real wood and is an excellent choice for humid rooms like kitchens and baths.
- The thing to keep in mind is to wisely invest in your home décor. Emphasize the items’ value over how inexpensive the item is.
- The cheapest item may not be durable enough to withstand the rigors of your lifestyle, and you’ll spend more to replace it than if you’d purchased the better value item.